What is it?
Health Trainers can offer one to one support around changing or leading a healthy lifestyle.
A Health Trainer will not tell you what to do, but will ask you what you want to do and how you want to do it.
Health Trainers can:
- support, encourage and motivate you to change or lead a healthy lifestyle
- support you to self-manage your long term conditions
- offer advice and information on healthy eating and increasing physical activity
- offer advice on losing weight and referral to stop smoking support
- help you to work out exactly what you want to change and how to go about it
- accompany you to first appointments (with other services)
- identify groups or activities in your area
- support you in setting your own health goals
- signpost you to other services.
The service is available in all Community Wellbeing Programme areas.
How does it work?
If you want to become healthier but don’t know where to start, a Health Trainer will be able to help you work out exactly what you want and how to go about it.
Health Trainers are friendly, understanding and supportive. They will help and encourage you to achieve and maintain a healthier lifestyle. So why wait? Contact the Health Trainers now!
Who is it for?
Anyone who is aged 16 and over
- Anyone who has decided to make a healthy lifestyle change
- Anyone who is thinking of making a change to their lifestyle
Where can you find us?
Burngreave / Firvale (Sorby House/SOAR)
Naheen Mohammed or Rita Wilcock on 0114 213 2591 extension 591 or 07956 605618 or 07961581122
Sharrow / Broomhall (Shipshape)
Don Gooden, Samia Masood Karen Salmon, Nur Ali (city centre worker) Saima Rehman or Phil Eddyshaw 0114 250 0222
Darnall / Tinsley (Darnall Wellbeing)
Waqas Hameed, 07825 290770 or Yvonne Witter 07825 291322. Office, Noreen Akhtar or Eram Kaid 0114 249 6315 (Diabetes, Chronic pain and Generic)
Manor / Castle / Arbourthorne / Norfolk Park / Wybourn & Woodthorpe (Manor & Castle Development Trust)
Laura Frost, Michael Mekoewn, julie staniforth 07966 086652 or Laura Frost, 07918 054103. Office 0114 252 1082
Upperthorpe / Netherthorpe / Langsett (ZEST)
Nighat Ahmed, 07969 462956 or 0114 270 2040 ext.232
Winn Gardens, based in Fairlawns Medical Centre
Sarah Longfield,07873 356417 or 0114 270 2040 ext.232.
Firth Park / Brushes / Stubbin (SOAR)
Paul Nash, 07823 558700 or 0114 244 0401
North Sheffield: Parson Cross and Southey (Southey Owlerton Area Regeneration)
Ruth Lawson 0114 213 4074 or 07960 084 251
Gleadless Area (Reach South Sheffield)
Kim Hincliffe, 0114 239 4466 or 07825 604477
Woodhouse, Westfield & Hackenthorpe (Woodhouse District Community Forum)
Kate Russell 0114 269 0222 or 07969 183986
High Green (SOAR)
Nicky Banks on 0114 213 3407 or 07904 164222
City Centre (Shipshape)
Nur Ali - 0114 250 0222 or 07444 334651