Move More Active Communities
The Move More Communities Group aims to identify opportunities and support communities across Sheffield to become more active through effective collaboration and communication.
The group will have an overview of several projects taking place in Sheffield including;
- Move More Empowered Communities
- The Move More Ambassador Network
- This Girl Can
- Workforce Diversity Fund; Leading the Way
We will link with partners from across the City to help understand, collaborate and learn from one another and aim to connect opportunities locally to the areas and communities that will benefit the most.
We also want to build sustainable links with our People Keeping Well areas and understand what is happening locally across Sheffield.
Move More Environments
The Move More Environments Group works with partners to create active environments across Sheffield.
Members of the group contribute to the following projects:
- Building Better Parks (led by Sheffield City Council Parks & Countryside team)
- Transforming Cities Funding work (led by Sheffield City Council Transport team)
- Sheffield City Region Active Travel Board
Health and Social Care
The role of the Move More Health and Social Care Group is to embed a culture of physical activity into health and social care across Sheffield, so that it is easier for everyone in the system to become more active.
The group aims to achieve this by:
- Developing and embedding ‘Move More Active Practice Charter’ within Sheffield primary care
- To focus on enabling physical activity in populations with highest inactivity levels and most to gain
- Bring equity to the physical activity referral system with social prescribing etc
- To embed the promotion of physical activity in to all potential Healthcare Professional - patient contacts
- Working with SCH active hospital bid
- Facilitate the development of a ‘Parkrun city’