Move More Active Communities
The Move More Communities Group aims to identify opportunities and support communities across Sheffield to become more active through effective collaboration and communication.
The group will have an overview of several projects taking place in Sheffield including;
- Move More Empowered Communities
- The Move More Ambassador Network
- This Girl Can
- Workforce Diversity Fund; Leading the Way
We will link with partners from across the City to help understand, collaborate and learn from one another and aim to connect opportunities locally to the areas and communities that will benefit the most.
We also want to build sustainable links with our People Keeping Well areas and understand what is happening locally across Sheffield.
Move More Schools
The Move More Schools group aim is to enable Sheffield’s Primary and Secondary school pupils to embed physical activity into their daily lives whilst at school.
The group wishes to achieve this through uniting various providers and strategic groups working in this sector under one vision, acting as the glue that connects the city together.
The Move More Schools group oversee the strategic direction of physical activity programmes and initiatives across the Primary and Secondary education setting within the city through this joined up approach. Join the Move More movement and support your school’s health and wellbeing, attainment, behaviour, and even academic achievement, using physical activity.View Blog
Move More Environments
The Move More Environments Group works with partners to create active environments across Sheffield.
Members of the group contribute to the following projects:
- Building Better Parks (led by Sheffield City Council Parks & Countryside team)
- Transforming Cities Funding work (led by Sheffield City Council Transport team)
- Sheffield City Region Active Travel Board
The Move More Sport Groups mission is to continue to build on Sheffield’s reputation and legacy as the City of Sport; providing a platform which supports people in sport and for those who want to try sport.
The group aims to do this by bringing together key sports organisations, bodies and people in the city to;
- Work together to maximise the cities resources and capacity including; events, funding, and capital developments
- Provide support where it is needed the most including; Clubs, NGB’s, Communities, and Volunteers
- Celebrate the success of Sport in Sheffield and promote the role that sport can play in the Move More agenda
Health and Social Care
The role of the Move More Health and Social Care Group is to embed a culture of physical activity into health and social care across Sheffield, so that it is easier for everyone in the system to become more active.
The group aims to achieve this by:
- Developing and embedding ‘Move More Active Practice Charter’ within Sheffield primary care
- To focus on enabling physical activity in populations with highest inactivity levels and most to gain
- Bring equity to the physical activity referral system with social prescribing etc
- To embed the promotion of physical activity in to all potential Healthcare Professional - patient contacts
- Working with SCH active hospital bid
- Facilitate the development of a ‘Parkrun city’