Why Move More
The Benefits of Moving More?
No matter how old you are, being physically active on a regular basis has shown to produce tremendous benefits, including;
- Having fun!
- Increasing your chances of living longer and improving your quality of life
- Reducing your risk of a heart attack
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Decreasing your risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- Making you feel better, sleep better and have more energy.
- Managing stress levels
- Preventing symptoms of depression
- Accelerating learning and concentration, improve grades and encourage attendance in school children
- Improving your muscle and bone strength, decreasing your chances of osteoarthritis in older age
- Helping achieve or maintain a healthy weight
For further information on the benefits of physical activity, take a look at the NHS Choices website